Advantages to the Countertop Surfacing System by Granicrete
Achieving the high-end look without the high-end price makes perfect sense to the sensible consumer. Granicrete presents significant value allowing the consumer to stretch their home improvement dollar even further. Another key benefit of our product is the ease of cleaning and maintaining. Being non-porous, our system cleans easily and periodic polishing of the surface will bring years of enjoyment. The epoxy coating used has both scratch and heat resistance, but they are not scratch and heat proof. Direct heat should always be avoided and cutting on countertops is not recommended by most reputable manufacturers.
Advantages of Granicrete Countertops versus Marble and Granite
Here are some key advantages of the Granicrete countertop system compared to marble or granite countertops:
- An eco-friendly alternative to natural stone and a completely seamless system while granite always has seams.
- A system that can be applied over existing substrates
- This system has almost limitless color possibilities, extremely colorfast with colorants that will not fade and customized edges
- This system is completely impervious to any moisture while granite is extremely porous and absorbs moisture and bacteria. The Granicrete system is USDA approved while granite is not!
- Absolutely not going to accept a stain while Granite stains easily with fruit, peanut butter, olive oil, bacteria, etc.
- With phenomenal tensile strength, Granicrete will expand and contract to its environment. Granite, on- the-other hand, has no flexibility and is considered a brittle substrate.
- Completely food safe and Radon free while most granite has at least trace amounts of radon
- Our topcoat provides exceptional heat and scratch resistance