Alternative Flooring Systems by Granicrete International is the premier decorative concrete overlay product line available. The concrete overlay is a 1/16” to 1/8” layer of an acrylic polymer-modified grout mix that is applied to existing concrete and most other surfaces. The system allows for a virtually limitless array of stone textures, colors, and patterns.
Advantages to the
Countertop Surfacing System by Granicrete
Advantages for the consumer …alternative flooring systems
You can do far more with Alternative Flooring Systems than you can with stamps or other overlay systems. The qualities of these cementious products allow for more textures and patterns. The coloring possibilities are unmatched. Each customer will have his or her own unique look.
- Established company with a proven track record
- Huge flexibility and selection of colors, patterns, textures
- Personally customizable to create or maintain individual style with no stamping or pattern repetition
- Home beautification – Curb appeal
- Low Cost that magnifies appraisal values
- Fast installation – Low disruption
- Very low maintenance and virtually 100% repairable
- Less material and less build than most flooring (1/16 inch vs. 1/4 inch)
Advantages of Granicrete Countertops versus Marble and Granite
- An eco-friendly alternative to natural stone and a completely seamless system while granite always has seams.
- A system that can be applied over existing substrates
- This system has almost limitless color possibilities, extremely colorfast with colorants that will not fade and customized edges
- This system is completely impervious to any moisture while granite is extremely porous and absorbs moisture and bacteria. The Granicrete system is USDA approved while granite is not!
- Absolutely not going to accept a stain while Granite stains easily with fruit, peanut butter, olive oil, bacteria, etc.
- With phenomenal tensile strength, Granicrete will expand and contract to its environment. Granite, on- the-other hand, has no flexibility and is considered a brittle substrate.
- Completely food safe and Radon free while most granite has at least trace amounts of radon
- Our topcoat provides exceptional heat and scratch resistance